Feeling the burden of finals during week 10 and the urge to eat away that anxiety with maybe a cookie or 10 🙂 We’ve all been there but here are some foods to eat that are healthy and will kick that stress in the butt!
- Omega 3 fatty acids– can be found in salmon, nuts and avocado, they will boost your mood and give you lots of energy.
- Berries– they prevent the release of cortisol, which causes stress.
- Leafy greens– produces dopamine that helps you keep calm.
- Vitamin D– get this through natural sunlight or by consuming milk, eggs or fish.
- Oatmeal– won’t cause your blood sugar to spike, which can lead to stress.
- Bananas– the natural sugars and potassium help fuel your brain and the magnesium improves sleep and reduces anxiety.
- Dark Chocolate– it releases endorphins similar to when you work out but you don’t have to move 😉
Hopefully these foods keep you sane! And when you feel the urge to reach for the sugary treat, remember, you’ll get an energy boost but then quickly crash and feel worse than you did before.