Feel like everyone around you is catching a cold or the stomach bug?? Here are a few easy tips in order to stay healthy during the winter months.
- Boost your diet!
- Eat food high in vitamin C to boost your immune system- this includes fruits and veggies
- In addition to this eat lean meats like chicken, fish and beans
- Exercise regularly
- Regular aerobic exercise at least 4 times a week helps you from getting sick
- It will also just lift your mood during the gloomy, cold weather
- Get tons of sleep
- Not getting enough sleep has a strenuous effect on your immune system
- It decreases the amount of white blood cells you have that help fight off infections
- Make a relaxing bedtime routine- like some sleepy time tea and your favorite TV show 🙂
- Wash your hands as often as you can- in hot water
- Stay stress free
- try taking a hot yoga class once or twice a week
- carve out time for YOU
- maybe even meditate
- Lastly…. stay hydrated
I hope all these easy tips keep you sick-free this winter!