Feeling a little discouraged after how much you may have indulged during Thanksgiving?? Well no need to worry there are a few easy swaps that can be made for the holiday celebrations to come 🙂
- Skip the dips made of sour cream, try yogurt based dips or hummus
- Try cutting back on the alcohol and go for a drink wine spritzer
- Instead of mashed potatoes, go for roasted sweet potatoes
- Go for the white meat of the turkey instead of the dark meat
- To satisfy your sweet tooth- eat pumpkin pie (you’re even getting lots of vitamin A, calcium, and iron)
- Avoid canned cranberry sauce & high fat gravy, try whole cranberry relish instead
- Roasted veggies (green beens, brussels sprouts, carrots) instead of Green bean casserole
- Spiced cider instead of Eggnog
With these easy swaps you won’t have to worry about any holiday weight gain!
In addition to this:
- Keep up with your exercise plans & routines
- Before celebrating get your butt to da gym to feel a little less guilty about that 2nd or 3rd slice of pie (lol)
- Go for a family walk or hike with your dogs
- Play touch football with your cousins
I hope everyone has a happy holiday!